View Counter

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Kingsway/Baby Point/Swansea/Lambton Mills/Humber Valley/Stonegate ( Sunnylea) Now Completed !!!!!!

I officially completed the The Kingsway/Baby Point/Swansea/Lambton Mills/Humber Valley/ Stonegate (Sunnylea) Mandala on November 16, 2012.
It encompasses quite a large area and I tried my best to incorporate most of the important buildings and other icons. I have written in many historical notes, ie., Hurricane Hazel ( 1954 ), Fort Toronto, the original
Baby Point aboriginal settlement, the mills up and down the Humber , to mention only a few.
The mandala is chock full of the rich past and present of that area.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I used to go on hikes with my Girl Guide group # 151 and we sang as we walked along during the more rustic days of the Humber , before Hurricane Hazel changed the whole look of its banks and eventually led to the forming of The Metropolitan Toronto Region Conservation Authority.
Those were the days, my friend.
But it' s never too late ! Now at the end of the Baby Point Peninsula is a long staircase leading down to a trail along the Humber, I hope you are able to take a walk along it some day soon and enjoy the beautiful nature of that area of Toronto.

I will be adding more about this mandala next week.

So moving forward, I will be working on The West Lakeshore mandala which will include Humber Bay, Mimico, New Toronto, Long Branch, and Port Credit.  My goal is to have it completed by December 20, 2012.
( I haven't forgotten Fort York....hopefully done by end of February, 2013 )

By the way, I have also completed a New York City mandala, which took me 120 hours to complete.
It is bursting with the adrenalin and hugeness of that great city !!!!
Besides Toronto mandalas, I have so many requests for other areas of the country and the world...Kleinberg definitely for the 2013 Binder Twine Festival next September !!!!

I am now also beginning a Montreal mandala.

If you wish to contact me about any of these mandalas, my email is :

torontomandalas@gmail.com