View Counter

Thursday, November 4, 2010

" The Downs View Flying Club "

The Downsview mandala is now complete as of November 3, 2010 !
Sometimes working 'til the wee hours of the morning, I plowed forward and reached the finish line at 1:15 a.m .

Downsview is bounded by Wilson Avenue to the south, Sheppard to the north, just west of Keele Street  to the west and Wilson Heights/Allan Road to the east.

I have spent the month of October working on it and after hours of research, walking in the area and sketching, I finally came up with a design which hopefully incorporates most of the elements of Downsview , past and present.  I plan to post a mini-version of it soon, along with the rest of the tribe.

 Olde Toronto New is in the works, but for some reason I was called to create Downsview first of all.

Yonge/Lawrence is also moving along, with some of the research having been completed.

A recent commission is to produce a New York City mandala and I hope to have it ready by the end of November.



Please don' t forget to check out Dave LeBlanc's ( the Globe and Mail Architourist ) article written on October 1, 2010 :
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/home-and-garden/real-estate/article1734637.ece

Here Dave writes about my " Toronto Neighbourhood Mandalas " and each week his delightful columns tell about Toronto's treasures of the past and present.